Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Sum up of 2014

2014 is coming to an end, and I got inspired to write a summary of this year. Actually it is good to take some time off and reflect on what had happened and the things that I have Achieved. 

I started off the year as a final year undergrad, and I am glad to graduate with good grades. My parents were never there for my past academic achievements due to the nature of their job. Thus I was determine to do well in my final year and leave no regret. I do not want to see myself regretting not having studied hard enough like how I did after A's. I'm glad that I managed to clichéd good results and for the very first time, my mother is able to watch me going into the stage live. Honestly, I can't wait for convocation next year, where both of my parents would be present. Thanks for all these years, it's repaying time! 

Final year of studies was one of the better academic years as I get to socialize at least once per week! With the 3hours lectures which resembles more like a tutorial and the 25mins lunches, I'm really feeling like a true blue university student. I'm grateful for the effort of the people who I met in SIM, for keeping in contact with me. Honestly, I might be full of energy outside, bubbly and all, but once I'm home, I'm a just a zai nu. It is rare that I will initial a talk with anyone unless I'm in that mood. So, really thanks for bugging me and suggest a meetup every once in a while. 

 One of my new year wishes was to get a job before I even graduate from the school, though that did not happened, I still managed to find one relatively fast. I was being humble when I was in search for jobs since I'm from SIM, but I landed myself in a place where it is beyond my expectations! I'm really thankful for that!😊😊 Though I got into a hiong team, where OT-Ing is like a norm daily, I'm still grateful to be in this team. I can't imagine myself to JZM all the while the entire day, I'm here to learn &work, not here to lepak (though some leisure time is preferred:p). The team split is certainly a good way to lessen our workload, and I can see myself having longer lunch outside daily now! A lot of people are pretty envious of me, cause I seems happy at work. Oh well, work can be stressful at times, but the environment balance it out. Because it's a rather big company, you will get to interact with new people daily, provided that u are outgoing la. And with the high turnover, there will be new people coming in before you are bored with the existing batch. So ya~

Another takeaway from work is a bunch of nice people who clicked on extremely well with me. I believe that cause this is most of our first job, being innocent and all, we tend to go all out in making friends. Fortunely, everyone is really nice, not that many scheming people around! Those days of induction, batch lunches, d&d and random drinking sessions together, I LOVE IT ALL!  I doubt I will be able to make friends that clicked with me that well at my next workplace. I'm really thankful for all of you! I'm not leaving yet, just saying! And thanks to all of your & d&d, my party side is being let out. Oops! Hahah

Towards the end of year, i went Korea again. I think I can totally write a travel guide now since I'm so familiar with that place. Visited many places which I didn't have the change to the previous time. However, Korea failed to attract me like the first time, maybe cause there was no drinking session this time round; but being there during early winter is still a brand new experience! The freaking cold weather, having to wear several layers each day, the urge to stay home daily cus of the heater at home, this is winter! Experience snow quite a few times during the trip that it became a norm thing, we are no longer exclaiming about the fact that it's snowing! 

All and all, it might not be the best trip I have till date, but it is good break away from work. God knows how many weeks in consecutive have I been doing OT and will only be home after 12 prior to my trip. 

I will be envied of people who get to travel around the world, visiting different places and all, but i do not really fancy the thought of myself doing all the travelling, cause it will means spending away my savings. Though I still have zero plan of what to do with them, the thought of splurging them hurt. Hahahaha typical Asian. That's why I do not mind travel for work, cause the expenses will be taken care of. 

Despite saying that, I might still be seen going to nearby countries next year! Oh well, contradiction at its best. 

I think the above pretty much sum up my 2014. Hopefully 2015 will be a good year as well! 

Best regards,
HP, 2014


No comments: