Thursday, June 26, 2014

JOB HUNT IS OVER!

I GOT A JOB! And it is not some random job which wants me yet I have zero interest with. This job falls nicely into one of the many career paths that I have planned for myself. Yes, I do have many career paths planned, and the reason being I do not want to be restricted. When it comes to job searching, it is not entirely about what you want do ONLY. It is the intersection of what you want and where you can go with your experience coupled with market demand. Though some of my interviewers said that you must know exactly which path you want to go, the path that you want may not want you or you may not be suitable for it! So my advice is to open up your windows and embrace yourself with all the choices.

Despite having many career paths crafted out, you will realise that those paths will be narrowed down into a few catogies. At least it was the case for me. My career paths was being narrowed down into two (very different) industries. So during my job search, I look out fo jobs for these two paths and was about to settle down into either one when the opportunity comes. 

One important issue is that you must know where do you hope you will be in 5 or 10 years time. For me, I sorted out that one of my Paths is not as feasible as it will lead me to nowhere 5-10 years down the road, so I just dropped that out from my list.

Well, not like I have plenty of experience in this issue, but I just want to share what I really feels. 

Heading for work like a OL. Ending off.

HP

No comments: