Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Harsh Truth about my results and UOL

Just before I opened my eyes this morning, I thought of the 'correct' way of doing one of the questions of my FM paper. WTF, why did not I thought of that during exam?! OMTian~

The next thing I thought was that: Would my final grade be affected? Once again, OMTian~ 
Eagerly, I take out my tablet, which was under my bed, and began searching for the scheme of award for UOL. It was damn hard to find. I found one at the HWZ forum, but that were kinda outdated. I need one which is more updated and official. Luckily, the contributor at the forum provided an official link, but the contents have been changed! Things always go against your wish. 

After much troubles, I found it.    
For those who are interested in knowing your award, or you would like to set an aim, pls refers to the following link.(This is the old regulation) 

http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/sites/default/files/regulatons/2014/pdfs/psr_emfss_old_14-15.pdf

Download the one which is applicable to you under the "Undergrad" section, using this link

http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/community-support-resources/current-students/programme-specifications-regulations/programme-specifications-regulations-2014-2015

I was actually aiming for a FCH, but then I understand how tough it would be to achieve 3 FC grade in my final year, given those modules that I was taking and etc factors.. Nonetheless, I tried my best, and hopefully I would be able to achieve a decent grade at the end of the day. 

After I read through the scheme, I have a mixed feeling. I think my chance of getting a FC is diminishing, and I was so close in getting it (using my forecast results). On the other hand, I kinda secured a 2nd Upper, which is something to be happy about. 

A lot of people might say that it does not really matters what is your degree at the end of the day. IKR, but it is sort of a little aim that I set for myself? After screwing up A's, this is the another chance to prove that I can do it?! I am the kind of person, who would really focus on the things on hand, and ignore all the others. Furthermore, the number of graduates at the convocation getting FCH will be significantly different from that of a 2nd upper. So ya, slight disappointment here.  

Anyway, it is kind of disappointing to see people doing UOL to give up even before going for their exam, just because people say that it is HARD. Different people will judge the level of difficulty differently. The same unit might be hard for one, but easy for another. You would not know unless you try, perhaps you are lucky, your paper might turns out to be easy on the year you are taking it. If you gave up, you just lost a chance to do well. Yeah?! 

Another thing, prioritising is very important during the preparation of exams. No matter how busy you are, with your work or other things, pls do remember that your ultimate goal is to graduate from the college. So, put every other things down and focus on your studies. You may skip local and overseas revisions, skip prelims, and do not attend school for half a year, please do not skip the preparation for exam. It is the utmost important issue! You can go no where without the preparation. Please do not think that you can study one or two days beforehand, and think that you can do it. You might have done that magic when you are in Sec school, but this is a degree that you will be getting, not some GCE cert. 

Oh well, if you drop by here after goggling SIM-UOL, I hope you are being motivated in one way or another. Well, I doubt my words can motivate anyone, so here is another link for those who would want to be motivated. I was kind of motivated to do well after reading this blog, but his method of revision sounds too harsh for me. I went on my own pace in the end. Nonetheless, be motivated by his posts!

My UOL Journey 

Enough of saying, ending here.

Cheers, HP

No comments: