Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Post coffee session:

I'm writing it down so that I can remember years later how bad I felt right now.

First, i am upset that for so much that I have done, I get nothing in the end. No recognition, be it title or monetary, not even the score on the appraisal.

Honestly, I believe that I have done beyond what an OA should be doing; but still, you feel that I'm not ready for promotion. Could you list down the criteria to be an SOA. Honestly, I do not really care about the promotion, as i am more concern with the other segment. I think the company need to understand that every team works differently, in term of strength and workload. The same set of bellcurve/benchmark cannot be applied to all. 

I used to be happy that I am in our team, for the bond we built and the comfy environment that we created for each other. But now, I feel that I would be better off in other team. I am disappointed that you are still grouping me together with people who joined months after me, given all the extra stuff I have done. It is not as though that those work that I have done are invisible, they are in fact measurable and very much significance. 

I do understand that you are only the middleman, and that you are just conveying messages. I am upset that for all the hard work done, you are still classifying us based on our length of services. 

Like I have said in the meeting, I do not feel right/comfortable that we are teaching someone who is earning more than myself.  And as suggest, I could have quit now and rejoined the co and I would be able to earn more than how much I am earning right now, for all the relevance skills I have. 

Honestly, idk if I should still be thankful for the opportunity given to me as an OA. Those exposure were not something that I would expect a year ago. I worked hard on it in hope for a better appraisal score. But no, that's not what I get. Maybe I should have voice it out earlier, but does it help?

I have prepared myself for an outcome which might not be fully satisfying. But this is too far fetch. Pardon me for that, it might be a Farewell. 

No comments: